Wednesday, October 15, 2014

#Read Me, Love Me, Buy Me (Book Review)

FOLLOW: Social Media #1 
By J.A Huss 



Description:-
#Women.
I fuck them. I use them. I pay them off. I find another. My demands are never denied. My contracts are always signed. They submit to me. Willingly. Completely. Temporarily. This is how it's always been.
Until I saw that filthy tweet.
@VaughnAsher My bare pussy. Your tongue.#ThingsIThinkAboutToGetOff
"FilthyBlueBird" thinks she can tease me with hashtags and then hide behind a Twitter handle? She thinks I wouldn't be more than happy to #RockHerFilthyWorld? She's wrong.
Her online fantasy is about to collide with her public reality, and it's about to happen... now.
THIS IS A SERIAL NOVELLA
THAT MEANS ALL ENDINGS ARE CLIFFHANGERS
THIS NOVELLA IS ABOUT 150 PAGES LONG
THIS IS PART ONE OF SIX
BOOKS ARE RELEASED EVERY TWO WEEKS



The thing that drew me to this book was the social media aspect – but there wasn't any. The main character Grace, proclaims to be a twitter addict, stating that she tweets from first thing in the morning until last thing at night and has done for years, but the few days she’s on holiday she only writes one tweet that she doesn't post. I was let down by this because I felt it would set it apart from other erotica books. However, there’s another five books in the series so hopefully they'll be actual tweeting in the next one.

As the story started I got a New Age Mills&Boon feel from it – I love M&B books – but then there was quite a few 50 Shades of Grey references (sex toy at the family dinner) that just made me keep comparing it to 50 Shades and put me off.

Grace: She agrees to be Vaughn’s submissive, but then anytime he orders her to do something she questions it (even though she’s ok about doing it) and then he says something to piss her off, which causes Grace to storm off. She’s quite annoying…but I like her – I know that sounds contradictory, but the story is full of contradictions.

Vaughn: He’s a dickhead, he knows it, he doesn't care. But no matter how many times he tells Grace, if she walks away or refuses to follow his orders again their ‘relationship’ will be over, he still ends up running around after her to the point where she should probably be worried (#stalker). I like that Grace makes him do things he wouldn't usually do (considering that's what he's trying to get her to do). A lot of women dream of taming a bad boy, only Grace doesn't know the power she yields between her legs because she's too busy storming off.

All that said, I am still going to read the next book as I'm intrigued by the ending of this one.

I give this book 3 stars because of the non-tweeting and 50 Shades flashbacks.



Get your copy HERE


Feel free to leave a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *