Sunday, September 7, 2014

#Watch This!: Movie Review

Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters (2014)



Movie description:-
Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, half human-half vampire, a guardian of the Moroi, peaceful, mortal vampires living discreetly within our world. Her calling is to protect the Moroi from bloodthirsty, immortal Vampires, the Strigoi.
  
The only reason I chose to watch this film was because I read the books years ago, and I enjoyed them.
Usually, after watching adaptations, I go away feeling like a lot was changed from the books or characters where missing, but with Vampire Academy I was quite surprised that that wasn’t the case (it wasn’t like the book to a ‘t’, but it was close). The film was low budget and some parts kind of reminded me of a Parody film (Scary Movie, Meet the Spartans), however, I couldn’t help but like it.

Main characters: Rose (Zoey Deutch) is really hot headed, gets into a lot of fights and speaks her mind (even when she’d be better off shutting up), but she’s also loyal and would risk her life in a heartbeat to protect her best friend Lissa. Lissa (Lucy Fry) is a Moroi Princess and the last in her line, she’s sweet, innocent and would risk her life in a heartbeat to save a pigeon!

Plot: After Lissa’s family died, her life changed dramatically, causing her and Rose to run away from their school/home. The film picks up a year after they left when Dhampir guards find the girls and drag them (kicking and screaming) back to school.
As it turns out, the girls had good reason to run. A short while after being back at school, sinister things start to happen to poor Lissa.

My rating: I'm giving this film 3.5stars. I don’t want to give it 3 stars because it is a good film, but at the same time it’s not 4 star worthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *